I need Ideas on baby shower invitation wording

My best friend is throwing me a shower and looking for a cute/functional way to word the invitations. I already have a 18mo girl. I'm having a boy. We plan to cloth diaper and breastfeed. We have the furniture and need a few big ticket items that aren't pink (like stroller and carseat) but we're still set on shampoos and lotions. We found a cute one for a sprinkle but it doesn't really fit the occasion. I would really not like to end up with more bottles and shampoo and sposies. And I'm not very creative!

cainjes

Asked by cainjes at 1:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• People who are invited to the shower should know you well enough to know your situation. They should be comfortable calling and asking for where you are registered or what you need or don't need.

Answer by Bmat at 1:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• They are and they won't. I have a big family but they won't ask those questions. Including it in the invitation is the least painful way to get the message out. I had to CALL 200/300 ppl invited to my wedding because they didn't RSVP. They just figured they would come if they could.
    cainjes

Comment by cainjes (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Ok, I have the answer!! LOL! Go and register at a baby store like BabiesRus, BuyBuyBaby, Walmart.com, Amazon.com etc. (I don't know where you are from. Register for all the things that you want. When you send out the invitations, enclose a small card that says that you are registered for easy gift giving at ______(add store names). They can even purchase gifts for you online and have them delivered to themselves or you. So on the little card I would say "Surprise!! (your name) is having a bouncing baby BOY!!! Since she already has a little girl, we have enclosed a store registry list for easy stress free gift giving (Gift Cards welcomed). Looking forward to having you there to Celebrate the new arrival! Other than that, you may just recieve a few things you may not want but maybe you can return them.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with ILovemyPaulie that is an awesome idea. That is what Im doing is placing cards in invitations. And like she said alot of the stores will let you do returns even if it is for just a in store credit. Congrats on the baby and good luck!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010