Do you think..........

respect should be given to someone in their advanced age, say in her 80's just because of her age? Shouldn't she be giving respect to earn some back?

Asked by older at 1:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I honestly don't respect people that don't respect me.. I'm sorry, that may sound mean, but there is an older woman who lives next door to me and she deserves ZERO respect, so she gets ZERO! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• In my opinion, I think that respect should be given to everyone until they have proven that they are not worthy of it. If they are disrespectful or nasty, I still TRY to be nice/courteous but remove myself from the presence of that person as soon as possible. I know that this way is easier said then done ~ but you will feel better having handled it this way. I struggle with this too sometimes.
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 2:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Honestly speaking, when someone gets to that age, I feel they deserve some measure of respect based simply on their age. That being said, the amount of respect that I pay them will be based on how much respect they show.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i give respect to everyone even if they don't deserve it....that way i don't feel badly and can respect myself...and sometimes it takes several shows of respect before the other person returns it.....i would keep on being the respectful person you are....if we all wanted everyone to earn it, nobody would give it.....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• & I bumped ya.. cuz I like ya! =)
    SuperrMommyy

• I have always had a great deal of respect for my elders.  Their wisdom and life experience is priceless, they are living history books.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• to a certain extent older people deserve more respect than others. but i can only give so much without receiving it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If they don't respect me, then I will never respect them.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with the previous posters. Everyone starts off with the same level of respect. They can either earn more, or they lose some. I respect all people, regardless of age...but if an elderly person is completely rude to me I'm not going to kiss their a$$ just because they're old, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Respect is earned, not given no matter the person's age.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010