Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do we have pine tree branches growing around the power line leading to our house removed?

Do we have the electric turned off and trim them ourselves? Do we have to pay the electric company to trim them?

Does anyone know how expensive it is to have the electric company come out? I tried to call them and was put on hold forever...

The branches aren't causing problems, I'm just afraid it will become an issue later.


Asked by warrenfamily95 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 11 (581 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • it depends on where the branches hang. If its on public property,the electric company or the city pays. If they hang over your property,you pay. A tree trimmer will cut the power while they do it in either case.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • The electric company should take care of it on their dime. It would cost them a hell of a lot more later to fix the damage from the branch then it would for them to come out and cut it down now.

    If they aren't answering you calls then I would send them a letter.

    Answer by Laila-May at 1:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Call your electric company

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

  • Maintaining the lines up to the meter are the power companies job. Maintaining the lines from the meter to your house are your responsibility.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2010