to the working mom

do you sometimes feel bad that you cant be a stay at home mom or do you like to work? sometimes i wish i could stay at home with them and then other days i am glade i work and they go to school is that wrong?

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I work full time from home with the kids, it is so hard! I used to go to the office 2 days per week and work from home with the kids the other 3....but we can't afford preschool costs. That, IMO, was perfect. I could bust butt in the office 2 days a week, my kids LOVED their school, it was a total win win. I know I wouldn't be happy working away from the home full time, 5 days per week, that would bother me, but a few days a week, I so totally miss that. It was really great for all of us. I'm lucky I am able to telecommute, but it is not ideal at all. Seems I'm not excelling in anything as I am pulled in so many directions, my kids, my husband, my company, the housework, etc... none of it gets me 100%....I live in a constant state of being overwhelmed. Sigh.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I love staying at home, but there are days... I think as a mom, feeling guilty is unavoidable. In fact, I'm looking into getting a job and sending my 18mo/old to preschool because I feel guilty that I'm not giving him enough stimulation or getting him outside often enough. So it's easier said than done, but try not to beat yourself up. If you were on the other side of the fence, you would feel just as ambivalent.
    MrsBlack616

Answer by MrsBlack616 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I work full time and I do not feel guilty for not being able to stay at home. I know that my kids are well taken care of when I am away and that I am doing the best thing for them by doing my part in making sure that we have a roof over our heads, gas for transportation and food on the table. I love my kids but I know that they need a break from me and I need a break from them too.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010