lil boys and hard ons

Not sure what to do. my oldest son is 4. my middle son is 17 months..they take a bath together..my son is very mature...and he helps me a lot..well i left them in the tub to walk 3 feet away to my youngest son's room to check on him...i go back in the boys are about 2 feet from each other but my 4 year old has a hard on. he didn't touch my other son is ne way i was close enough to the room and the door was open i would have heard them moving. i know lil boys get hard ons for stupid reasons for all i know he washed himself and it got hard. My question is what do i do about it? When i walked in he said look i have a big winky.which he's always been fasinated that it get's bigger..like at night and he wakes up and has to pee. i have 3 boys i just dont know how to approach this and let him know sportin wood while he's takin a bath with his little brother isn't cool without makin him feel bad for something he has no control over

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• All boys do that.. and all boys are fascinated.. I know this & don't even have boys.. I would just not let them take a bath together.. There comes a point when children shouldn't take a bath together anyway..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It's totally normal. There's nothing to be done about it. He can't control when it happens and the last thing you want id to make him feel ashamed for something he has no control over.
    Just ignore it and carry on with the bath like normal.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• The baby isn't going to be hurt psychologically by seeing his brother's erection,he'll soon have his own. I'd just say that that isnot the way we speak with others around.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree, time for separate baths at his age. Just make sure he knows all boys have one, and they all get bigger sometimes. God gave them those to peepee with and that's it....he doesn't have to know its other purpose for another 5 or 6 years...
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• it's normal i have boys too my oldest is also 4 and telling him that this happens to all lil boys and it's not to be played with. it's to pee with he'll understand that. don't worry yourself mom
    WhatItDo

Answer by WhatItDo at 2:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I wouldnt say anything about it... The penis is not sexual yet at all... just something interesting... me & my dd take baths together, she is almost 4 & she says i have big boobies & she has small boobies & stuff like that. i just tell her "yep your right, one day you will have big boobies too when ur older"..
    I wouldnt seperate bath time, they will let you know when they are becoming more aware of their body & wanting to be more private. that is just more work for you.. Siblings are going to see each other naked for many years most likely...
    How to reply to "look i have a big winky" i think id reply "yes all boys winkys get big & small, just how life is"... or something like that.. ask DH for a reply since hes a guy.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think you are putting way to much thought into this. They are just babies. Everything is fun & new to them. The younger one probably doesn't even notice anything. I totally agree with Mommatasha1003. Just be matter of fact about it. If you make it an issue then the behavior takes on a whole new meaning to the child. I wouldn't give them separate baths, they are going to see each other naked for a very long time. What's the big deal? They get a boner when they are tired too, not just stimulated.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010