I have to share this-

my Hubby and I were alone at a water park and we were on the lounge chairs by the stairs for the water slides. some kids every once in a while would wave to us. we had fun with that.
one little girl kept waving at my husband all day long. at that totally awkward state. Buck teeth and everything
after while she came down to say hello- told her her name, and asked his. His told her, they shook hands and he told her 'very please to make your acquaintance. '
she came by later and asked my husband if he wanted to go on the lazy river with her.
I don't think I've seen that man blush like that in years, if ever!
he was speechless- I've NEVER seen that. I mentioned that she should ask her parents first.
my hubby told her that we may be going later, so that maybe we'd see her there.
we did go later, and there she was.
I remember what it's like to be at that age, (cont)

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree it is different. But, honestly speaking, I think it would have been the other child's parents place to say something. I would not necessarily have encouraged the other little girl's behaviour, but I would not have felt it was my place to correct her either.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It must have been flattering for your DH. But really, little girls that age shouldn't be so forthcoming with strange men. Not all men would have "blushed" at the compliment. KWIM?
    Micksbabe

Answer by Micksbabe at 2:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• That was not a good thing to encourage. You don't let kids act that way toward strangers,especially men. Where were her parents?! They let their kid approach strange men? I see abduction in her future!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I can't believe her parents weren't watching her! How old was she? She's going to get into serious trouble.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• so I warned him that if she started hanging onto him or the like, to tell her that his wife can be very jealous,-
    the little flirt was clever- she pushed my husband off to a fork in the path, was playing around and splashing him, putting him under the waterfalls and the like.

I could see them from a distance and just kept waving at my husband

I teased him so bad on the way home!
    things like 'I thought you had a appreciation for forward women!' that's how he married me!

remember what it was like to be that age?
    anyone else have a story like that?
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with little girls needing to be careful- that's why we told her she should go check in with her mother.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My six year old niece has always had a crush on my husband. She will tell me he is hers, lol. Whenever, we are at my parents or sister's if she sees us sitting beside each other, she will come over and sit in his lap, and tell me he loves her more, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Between family is different,mommy11260

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• there was no encouragement- we just treated her respectfully. and I joked with my husband about it in private. someties it hard to know how to keep kids safe without totally crushes their spirits.

ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010