What about cloth diapers and daycare?

I was wondering how most parents handle the cloth diapers and daycare situation. Should I ask my daycare if they will do it? I am very new to cloth diapering and currently only doing it at night. Any tips will be appreciated

sbgillespie

Asked by sbgillespie at 2:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some answers are here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I bet your center will do it. I bet they send any poop home in the diaper~they will probably bag all the clothes and send them home. I liked the stuff sacs for putting wet diapers in~kinda airy so they don't get to funky waiting to be washed.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yeah i would check with the day care first. They may not be able to because of a health code.... If they do they ask them if you need to provide a wet bag or if they have seaprate bags for each kid.... Also check out the Cuties with Cloth Booties group they are great at answering questions. And you can also find out what works best for each mom and what they hate...... Good Luck with the cloth diapering.....
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 2:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• def should ask. what ones are you using?
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 2:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Ask them. I don't think mine would. But you could still do it at home and let daycare use disposables.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't think that any place will do it, because of health codes. I could be wrong, but anywhere I have ever worked, which was only 3 centers (one was privately owned and the other was a national chain) but it wasn't done. When my first was in a place for 3 months they didn't do it either and changed diapers every hour, whether they were dry or dirty or wet.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes, ask if they do it. If they say no, ask them what their specific issues are and see if you can resolve them. For example, they may find folding and pinning old-fashioned diapers difficult and time consuming. If you show them an all in one diaper with velcro (works just like a disposable) they may change their tune. Figuring out what to do with the soiled diaper may be an issue, so be ready to pack a wet bag and diaper liners for them.
    krystel.justice

Answer by krystel.justice at 2:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010