Accredited Schools

I would like to go back to school and looking into online accredited graphic design schools. Any of you moms know what is the difference between Nationally Accredited and Regionally Accredited? Does it need to be accredited in the two of those? Will appreciate the help so much.

Do you moms think I can apply on FAFSA to hopefully get a grant..? My husband works construction and there's no more jobs coming so he's going to be getting layed off, I'm a stay at home mom and we're really stressing and I would really liked to go back to school. I just don't want to be a stay at home mom and stressing and have nothing else going on for me.

-God Bless & thank you so much. :0)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in

• I think regionally is just for a certain area where as nationally is the entire nation. call and ask the schools.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I really, really reccomend sticking to a state school. A lot of "accredited" private schools that offer online degrees are HUGE rip-offs. They are for profit institutions, and they will pile you with debt without providing you with a real education or the means to secure a job. Many community colleges offer online programs in graphic design at a much lower cost, and you would have a real degree that would be respected by any university or employer.
    krystel.justice

Answer by krystel.justice at 2:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• According to wikipedia: "Regionally accredited schools are predominantly academically oriented, non-profit institutions. Nationally accredited schools are predominantly for-profit and offer vocational, career or technical programs." Also, according to the same article, some regionally accredited schools don't accept transfer credits from nationally accredited schools because they don't feel those schools meet the same standards.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Also, YES fill out the FAFSA. It's free, and you have nothing to lose. Whatever you put on there has to be based on your last tax return, though. Keep that in mind, and re-apply next year and the year after. You can also go to fastweb.com and use their scholarship search. It is excellent. I was a single mom for a while and was able to survive on scholarship money. Just please be sure to ignore the advertisements for "for profit" colleges. Here is some more info on that: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/14/business/14schools.html
    krystel.justice

Answer by krystel.justice at 2:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

Next question in
what happen to cafemom

Next question overall (Babies (0-12 months))
peas for baby food