help! Killer Chicken!

I put myself on an elimination diet to try and figure out if something in my diet was aggravation or causing my health issues. I've also been keeping a food journal. After a few weeks going from fruits & veggies, then figuring out other food I can add back I'm now trying meats.

I've noticed that eating chicken causes problems for me and hurts my belly but I'm trying to figure out if it's the chicken ( I hope not) or something in the chicken.

The chicken contains water, salt and sodium phosphate. It can't be the water or salt. Chicken didn't bother me in the past, but I don't know.

Call me stupid, but anyone know what sodium phosphate is and can it cause digestive problems, stomach pain or headaches? I mean it's just chicken right? How can chicken hurt you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• probably..but I'd do the "do I feel better now" thang~no chicken no tummy aches..then go for that....I get the organic chickens at costco~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• sodium phosphate is a type of salt made from sodium and phosphoric acid.
    It's a meat preservative.

Switch to fresh chicken! If you have no reaction to it, it's the preservative!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• killer Pictures, Images and Photos
    I agree it could be the type of chicken you are eating. Find fresh chickens. I would look at Vitamin Cottage.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010