How did I get mildew on my bathing suit when I was still wearing it?

I put my bathing suit on and went to the beach. I was there for 2 hours. After I left the beach and got in the car I looked down to see mildew spots on my bathing suit. How did that happen? Is there a way to remove them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah, it was there before you put it on...I don't think mildew spots can show up within two hours...esp from salt water I would think. Try washing it, and if it doesn't come out, toss it...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Maybe it was there before.. and then it just became more visible after it got wet..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• mold is everywhere at all times! Try a weak solution of peroxide

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would just get a new suite. Could have been something gross at the beach but short of bleach I think the mold will still be there even if you cannot see it.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yeah maybe they were there before, try washing it lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It could have been something in the water? I've never heard of that before, I would just toss it and get a new suit.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• The only thing that will kill mold is bleach. You'll have to let it soak in it for awhile, just make sure the bleach doesn't eat through the suit. And then wash in hot water.

As for how you got it.......I have no idea.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010