How many pets is tooooo many.

Your opinion for a normal house hold with kids. Just curious.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 2:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pets

• i think it depends on the family, the house, and what kind of pets. for us 2 dogs and a cat is pushing it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I THINK 2 PETS LIKE A CAT OR A DOG, AND MAYBE ONE THATS IN A CAGE, AFTER THAT IT BECOMES ALOT OF WORK, WE JUST HAVE 2 1 CAT AND 1 SUGAR GLIDER
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• sorry about the caps
    DeeMarie87

• 2 or 3 would be max.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Depends on whether they are inside or out, size of home etc. My dad has 4 inside dogs in a 3 bedroom house with 8 people and that for them is way too many.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• well that depends on the house size, the kind of house (farm or single family in the city) and also on the type of person you are! I happen to be a neat freak, and I can easily handle being pregnant with 4 kids, 2 large dogs, 1 cat and hampsters! I would get another dog, but not until the baby is born! My home is clean, and I have well behaved animals! It really depends on the situation!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We have 2 cats and it's more than enough for our family of 5 (3 kids, 2 parents).
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• we have 1 indoor/outdoor huge dog and 1 barn cat.
    I used to have 4 indoor cats and that was too many for us. it's really more about you as an owner rather than the amount of animals. if you don't take good care of the animals and you live in squaler than even 1 animal is too many.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 3:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• depends where you live and who you are, i personally am at my limit with 3 dogs and 6 cats. I think for normal people who are not crazy like me and take in every poor creature that comes my way that 2 cats and 2 dogs would work well or less. Some people like pets but not lots of pets, they are alot of work so it depends on how much time you have to give to them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well that is hard to say. Most people would think I have too many, but it is not an issue for me. They all get love, attention, the best food, cages, and vet care. We have 4 dogs, 2 cats, 5 parrots, 1 rabbit, fish, frogs, and hermit crab. We have a three bedroom rancher and over an acre of land. All my dogs and cats are inside pets too. This is what happens when you worked in a petstore where people dump animals and foster for a rescue :)
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 6:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010