Why cant I satisfy my hunger? Its such a horrible feeling!!!

I am 10 weeks pregnant and lately I cant seem to satisfy my hunger.

Its like I eat, A LOT, and my belly is full, but I still feel hungry and like I have and empty belly.

Like I have a bottomless stomach or something. But I CANT eat again.

Anyone else ever deal with this? Whats up with it?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 3:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• only time I have ever felt that way was when I was severely dehydrated.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I dont THINK I am dehydrated...how do you know if you are dehydrated?

I have been drinking full glasses of water daily....trying to increase my water intake too.
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I had the same problem and I gained 86 lbs and have terrible stretch marks. Nothing the doctors suggested worked. I am sorry you have to go thru this:( Maybe try eating negative calories like carrots, celery, and lettuce. That was 5 years ago and my body wont let go of the last 30 lbs. Don't let yourself be like that you will regret it later....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Maybe there is something in specific your body is needing. Sometimes it could just be that you need to drink rather than eat too. Growing a baby also requires that you have extra calories.
    I would start by drinking some ice water and see if that helps curb the hunger..you want to be careful of overeating during pregnancy..harder to get the piunds off later...trust me..I know first hand,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sounds kinda scary actually, are you craving anything in particular? Meat, salt, bread? It could be your body begging for something it really needs. If you're craving meat you could be low on iron or protein for example. Make sure you take prenatal vitamins every day and tell your doc, they may want to do blood work to see if your low on something.
    On the plus side your body is burning a TON of calories making a baby. Is it possible youre pregnant with twins? You could just be trying to keep up with the baby factories demands
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Push your skin on the back of your hand. If it takes a long time to turn pink again you're dehydrated. If It turns pink right away you are okay. Make sure you drink 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds you weigh. 120lbs-60oz water.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have experienced this during my pregnancies.. The most important thing is to learn self control, and eat meals that are more filling. Over eating can cause you to gain entirely too much weight, causing further problems.. like weight problems after pregnancy and stretch marks.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Thier are a couple ways to know if your dehydrated. If your urine is really dark...that is all the electrolytes coming out of your body. Or you won't have any urine at all.Pinch your skin...does it stay for a few seconds or does it turn white then pink and go back to its original state when you let go? Your lips may be dry, your mouth may be parched,your throat may hurt.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No, no twins. We have already had an ultrasound :) My 7 year old son was funny b/c he asked if I was so hungry b/c the baby was eating all my food.

I think I will try increasing my water intake even more today and see if that helps.
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• are you taking a prenatal vitamin? i had that prob too when i was preg. gained 56 lbs :( and now regreting it. drink at least 64 oz of water a day and try to drink milk too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010