Do you believe this?

Would you believe that the average age of a homeless person in the US is 9 years old?

I can find a source for this statistic but i have heard it cited a million times.

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This could easily be true. Thnk about how many teen parents are homeless and how many children some of them have. It quickly brings the age down.

Answer by baconbits at 3:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If a person lives in the home of a mom, dad, grandparent, aunt, etc but is of legal age to be "own their own", that person and family can legally be listed as homeless. I teach kids who lives with mom at grandmom's house and the kid and the mom are officially homeless because it is grandma's house. I think it is ridiculous. A family that is pulling together and making things work doesn't constitute homelessness. A person who lives in a motel is technically "homeless" even though that person has a place to live. It is manipulating the term for funding. Once you tie fed money to the term, there will be cause to manipulate for that money.

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yep, there is alot of kids in this Country and the poor seem to have more kids.

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• its, I am considewred poor but i am not homeless, should I still not have a child?

I can think of a LOT of reasons you should not have children and being poor isn't even in the top 20.

Answer by Carpy at 6:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• delilahsmom1177: She only said that poor families seem to have more children, she didn't say anything about mothers with one child.

Carpy: lol!

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Delilah, yopu are the queen of uncalled for and rude.

Answer by Carpy at 6:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• UP, I was commenting on what she said. Poor does not equal homeless.

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If kids are homeless, how do we prevent this? WHat are the parents doing? Are they homeless too? Or are they making home a living hell for these kids and they are running away? And does anyone think it is due to drugs and alcohol and a lack of morals in todays' society? I think so. Too many teen Moms and too many people with no education. They end up being fired from their jobs and have no money to pay bills, but what they do have they spend it on drugs,booze and cigs. And if they get sick, they have no health care. WHat can we do?

Answer by gertie41 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Regardless of how many times you have reported me. Very very few of my replies have been removed. You can dish it out and can't take it. You would make me sick but your replies are quite entertaining from a psychological aspect.

Answer by Carpy at 8:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• And yes Loving. I have seen her attack you, I have seen her attack many people. Like I said she is one of the most vile people on here. I can agree and disagree with almost everyone on here in one way or another, but this one is impossible to deal with in any type of rational manner.

Answer by Carpy at 8:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010