How do you know our beliefs are the right ones...

I mean how do you know what you believe is what you are supposed to believe and the rest are wrong. Like if you believe in spirits or multiple gods vs. one God...or belive in nothing vs. something...Just there are so many religious choices...HOw do you know what you pickd is right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• YOu dont. Thats what faith is all about. You just believe
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 3:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Easy..

I don't believe that there is a single "Right" or "True" belief.

I believe that there is a "RIght/True" belief for each individual. And when that individual finds the one that is right and true for them. Then they found the right and true one.

I believe that the Belief in God, and someone's relationship with God (Goddesses, multiple Gods.. whatever... I believe all are one) is a very individual thing. And everyone develops the beliefs they have for their own individual reasons. Therefore each and every path is individual.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't,thats why religion should be a journey,not a destination

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I believe what is right for ME, and that's all that matters
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I just know that what I believe works for me. Just as I believe what others believe works for them.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My beliefs are the right ones for me and the right journey for me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I believe there is no ONE TRUE PATH, but that we each must seek and find our OWN TRUE PATH.

...and I believe I have found the path for me.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I believe it is the right path for me, because it fills me with joy and makes me a better person. Just because my ideas about the divine and the supernatural feel right for me, and after much seeking make sense, doesn't mean I will always believe this way - my beliefs are open to new information/inspiration. And I acknowledge that I CAN NOT PROVE THEM to be true, not even to myself, in any meaningful, tangible way. I have my thoughts, my words, and my interpretation of my experiences that I can share and perhaps be very convincing -- but while I have faith in my gods and in the Divine Universe, and believe that my practices are effective and good, I would never, ever expect someone to jump on board with me against their own beliefs just because of my own personal convictions, my experience of joy and purpose, or even worse, my fear. That's immoral in my belief.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well, I see a lot of logic and coherence in them so I believe they're right for me. They just make complete sense to me and I like that they don't demand blind faith from me.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Because I didn't pick it, and decide to believe in it. It is literally the ONLY explanation for me, the only thing I CAN believe.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010