Spin off...would you really do ANYTHING to keep food in your kids mouth and keep them healthy?

fed, clothed, etc...

A question was asked if you would sell you body to keep food in your kids mouth if there was no other options.

Say no welfare, no shelters, no help, no nothing, no home to have a garden, nothing...

Seriously if there were no other options? I would die for my son to have a good life, I would do anything, and not only for him but for my baby sister too. Even doing the most degrading thing ever because I would sacrifice anything for my child.

Let's try rephrasing the question
Is there anything that you wouldn't do to keep your kids safe, healthy, happy, etc?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would do anything because pride goeth before the fall. Pride cannot keep your kid fed.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i would not take another persons life
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No, I would do whatever it would take to keep my child, fed and clothed. ANYTHING.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Okay if it was my very last option...then yes I would do anything for my baby. im just glad there are ALWAYS other options!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Rock bottom..no other way...I'd strip my clothes right off and dance on the table with my big ass in a dudes face if thats what he wanted to pay for. I don't care. My kids come first...I made them, they are mine I will find a way to take care of them..Yes..I have NO SHAME< LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• What wouldn't I do? Nothing that I can think of. The sad part about it is there are people out there today in this situation. And think about our history. There have been plenty of parents who had to do god knows what to survive. And many didn't anyway.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have often discussed this with hubby, I was born in Cuba and left there when I was very young, but there are a lot of women who are called jineteras, because they sell their bodies for money or food to give their kids, there is really not much alternative there. And I have often told him that if I had my kids there and there was nothing else I could do to feed them I would do the same in a heart beat!

Answer by older at 3:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• By the way they sell their bodies to tourist because they are the only ones with $ in Cuba.

Answer by older at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• This is silly because there ARE other options. Unless there was a nuclear war or something,there IS help.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would say, even if you were thrown on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean with your children, with not even someone to sell your body to, you could provide for your children if you were prepared. I personally feel like I could do it.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010