The STD question is mine but I really need to be anonymous

I have had a pap smear with this pregnancy but it came back normal. Do I need to have a blood test to check? Do they not automatically test you for all STD's when you are pregnant? The bumps on him are skin colored you can only feel them. And I know all about hemroids unfortunately. This aint it. I have thought about calling before my appt and having a note made on my chart for the dr to check.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• Some docs will do an STD work up just to make sure everything is okay for the pregnancy..

Some only do it upon request.

Again. Any doubts. Any questions. see your doctor.. It could be something. It could be nothing. But you will not know until you see your doctor. And really, is it worth the possible risk of not finding out.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Find out what the pap was looking for. Docs can order it be tested for abnormal cells to look for cancer,look for std,or both. My doc's lab looks for HPV,chlymidia,and gonnerhea everytime. If you suspect he's given you something,by all means get a blood test.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• why do you have to hide the note to your doctor
    is this the same woman whose man has slept with millions of women
    i would ask flat out in front of this "man" to the doctor\
    maybe having a doctor say something to this slut of a man, he may (but not likely) get the fact that people die when they have sex with the wrong person

and yes, you have to tell them to check for all std with a blood test

you are NOT THINKINg of your unborn child
    (if this is not woman from question before , tha i am very sorry, i am assuming same lady as before with cheating slut man in her life)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Skin colored? Sounds like it could be genital warts. But I would also be concerned about herpes.
    A blood test alone will NOT detect these. The doctor will have to take a direct sample from one of the sores, and send it to the lab.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• some drs will do a bunch of tests for stds but some will not do any. if you cant get your dh out of the room call your dr and tell him you want std tests done at one of the upcoming opts. they do routine blood work anyway and will probably do them then.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When you get a pap when you are prego they do NOT test for everything you MUST request to get checked for EVERYTHING!!!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If it is herpes generated genital warts, then they have to sample from the wart itself and not just a blood test.

And it depends on the state on if they test for STDs automatically with the pregnancies.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It could be molluscum contagiosum. they are round and skin like color. Look at the link for more info. to see if it may be it.
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/stds-hiv-safer-sex/molluscum-contagiosum-4277.htm
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes they will but ask to be on the safe side.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:07 AM on Jul. 14, 2010