What size clothes do your 7 or 8 year old dds' wear?

Im curious, my friends dd wears a size 14 shirt, but 8 for pants, and is always saying my dd is soooo scrawny and small for her age, even tho' my dd wears size 6x shirt and size 5 or 6 pants. Her dd cant' even wear jeans as her waist is so big and she cant' find any to fit her waist/inseam. I said that her dd is rather big for her age, but she seems to be in denial.....this is the friend with the dd who is 80 pounds, Im thinking she is upset at that and takes it out on my dd to make her feel more ok with her dd. Did any of that even make sence? lol sorry for babbling, this just annoys me.

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 10 year old wears a 14 shirt, and she's very thin, wearing the same size in pants. I would say your friends kid is a bit big too.
    AndreaLNorris

Answer by AndreaLNorris at 4:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My sister wore a size 8/10 and a size 12 in shirts and pants at age 7 and 8. She wore those until she was 9, now she's in a 14. My own kid is only 5 1/2 and she wears a size 7/8 in everything and it's all perfect fit except whe waist which needs cinched in. All kids are different sizes and the numbers and sizes are just a general guide.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Correction, friends dd needs a size 12-14 pants for the waist, but 8 in length.
    minimo77

Comment by minimo77 (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well, Julita's not quite 7 yet ... still 6 for a little bit longer! ... but she wears a size 5, both tops and bottoms.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My DD is 75-80 lbs. A size 10 waist, but 8 in length. She's 8 years old. The most recent pictures of her are seen on my blog. They were taken about 3 weeks ago of her skiing.. For shirts she wears an 8-10, paints she wears a 10 because she needs it in the waist, but length wise she's an 8. For dresses we buy a size 10-12. If you visit my blog the swim suit she's in is a size 10-12.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My daughter wore a size 6X slim with adjustable waist cinched in at that age; she's pretty skinny, but very healthy. I think your friend is trying to make herself feel better about her own daughter. Some of my daughter's friends did the same thing to her when they started becoming body-conscious; luckily my daughter had the attitude that they only teased her because they were jealous.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My 7 1/2yo daughter wears size 8 pants and medium (10/12 shirts) but can fit in 7/8 shirts.  I just like to buy them big so she can grow into them.  My 10yo daughter only wears a 7 slim and 7/8 shirts.

My son is 8 1/2 and wears size 10 pants and large shirts.  He's just about outgrown his 10s in length.  He's tall for his age and weighs like 75lbs but it's all muscle.  He has almost no fat on him and you can see all his ribs.  His pants fall off if we don't get the adjustable waists.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When she was 7/8, she wore sizes 7/8. Now, at 10, she is wearing size 14. Your friend's dd sounds like a big girl.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My 7 y/o wears size 6 pants and size 7/8 shirt
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 2:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Ours is now 12 and wears a ladies size 12 and a size 11 shoe. She is ALMOST 5 feet 11 inches tall. At that age (7/8) she wore a girl's size 10/12 and a ladies size 5 shoe
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 3:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010