Have you seen the musical WICKED?Do you take your kids to theater productions?

We had so took the kids 19,13 &12 Sun. night.They all loved it.We had taken them to see Mary Poppins ,Chitty Chitty Bang Bang etc but for the younger 2 never a more adult one.LOL the boys asked to get the soundtrack.Our high schools put on massive productions so we buy for all of us season tickets...those high school kids can be amazingly talented.

drfink

Asked by drfink at 4:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son is really too young to go to a normal musical, although my MIL wants to take him to see Yo Gabba Gabba live in December when they come to our town. Heh. He'll be almost 3 at that point.

I personally love musicals and have seen Wicked, along with several other productions. It's like pulling teeth to get my hubby to agree to go so I jump on any opportunity I am given to see a show with him. I loved Wicked.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I saw it in Chicago. I would love to take my dd's when they are old enough.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Never saw wicked, but I took my 13 and 11 year old boys to see Lion King. They loved it!
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We have season tickets to summer stock this year. So far there have only been two shows -- Beauty and the Beast and Titanic, but we' looking forward to Damn Yankees, Cats, The Sound of Music, Footloose and Showboat.

My kids are 13 and 9, so well able to sit through a performance and we go to a lot of shows, symphonies and plays. They love it!

SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 4:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I am seeing it in December!!! I am so excited! Wyatt wont be going cause he'll only be like 15 months. But I saw the Lion King at 8 or so. I love love love musicals.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 4:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• YUP LOVE it.This is it's 3rd time through Houston and I am a re-repeater.lol My husband goes to the theater just to keep me happy but afterwards is always really enthusiastic.When I mentioned now he doesn't have to go for a few years because the 12&13 could go with me on Sun afternoons he hemmed and hawed and said no he would go.Iit keeps him on the good husband side.Too funny he can't admit up front he likes them haha
    drfink

Comment by drfink (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• LOVE the musical, and I hope to take my son to musicals when he's a little older (he's one).

HATED the book. It was like the musical very little.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my kids were 12, 11, & 6 when they saw it... they all loved it.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Mama so agree about the book.I thought they just had to get better so I read 3 of his books.All of them are depressing...so done with his books
    drfink

Comment by drfink (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• So glad I'm not the only one who hated the book. I kept thinking, "How did they make a musical out of this?!?"
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010