What are easy art projects and science projects I can do with my 2 year old?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 4:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Finger paint is always fun. you can even do it with yogurt and food coloring. You can also go to nick jr. they have great science and art projects there. I check it out all the time and everything I have done with me son he loved!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• FINGER PAINTING :-D
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Playdough
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Put finger paint on a plate and let her walk through it onto a poster board. Then put her hand prints by her feet. Maybe try putting her name by it with her fingers.
    Get some plain paper on a roll like the brown mailing paper or just an old roll of wrapping paper and use the back. Lay out a big piece and have him or her lay down. Trace her then the two of you draw her face, some clothes, jewlery, hair, whatever she wants. Glitter is fun, so is modeling clay.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Toddlers do really well with natural science. Talk about the properties of things outside, smooth, rough, cold...stuff like that. You can talk about which things are plants, which are animals, which are minerals.

In early childhood education we call it Science & Discovery. Toddlers really need adults to help them explore the world.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• pudding paint- vanilla pudding food coloring and a paper plate
    Edible play dough- I can't find my recipe! There are a million online. Mine involved PB, Honey and powdered sugar.

Since it's gonna end up in the mouth anyway it may as well be good! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Corn starch and water. Mix it together until it is a runny paste. It is really fun to play with because if you squeeze it or push on it it acts like a solid, but if you let go it flows like a liquid. If it gets on the floor no problem! When it dries you can just vacuum it up!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• DS made a fun project the other day. His sitter covered a piece of paper w/ a glue stick and all the kids got cut up scraps of different colored constructions paper, to put down however they wanted on the gluey paper.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If you're looking for science projects, you could do the whole ice/salt/string thing where you make the string stick to an ice cube with water so you can pick it up. You can get objects from outside, around the house...get a pail of water and see what floats and what doesn't...
    You can get a magnifying glass (a plastic one of course) and look at different things...rocks, bugs, grass might even look cool to a 2 year old...

crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Finger paint and Play Doh. I'm planning to get some of this soon to start doing art projects with my daughter. She'll be 2 next month.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2010