For the teen moms...

Did you get pregnant on accident ( I did @17) or was it because you wanted a baby? I just don't understand why a 15 or 16 year old would WANT a baby. It's beyond me. Bad home life? Never thought they felt loved? Crave attention from a man and figure this is the only way to keep him? For me it was a missed birth control pill and I didn't want to be pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Good question I think it is a growing problem in America.

Sorry but teen sex and teen pregnancy has been going on for decades long before it surfaced as a "problem". We're just more uptight about it now because we want our teens to finish high school and go to college, etc. We've "evolved" since decades ago so now it's our job to make sure teens make it through high school without getting knocked up.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• What's it matter? If it's done it's done. Why dwell on the whys?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Good question I think it is a growing problem in America. Teenagers wanting to have babies instead of going to prom and doing high school things. Makes me wonder about their parents??? I would be crushed if I found out my son got a girl pregnant.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sorry, but if you didn't want to be pregnant, you would not have missed a bc pill. So unless you were trapped in a bathroom stal all night it was still on purpose...or you could have chosen not to have sex because you knew you missed a pill. I am not trying to bash you, but lets face it...you were not the poster child for responsibility yourself. Why care what others do? Many teen moms turn out just fine...many don't, but many do. I was a teen mom, I am now 43 and have 5 kids, an education...I had my high school diploma before I got pregnant, and a good job and a good life and a wonderful family. I say, live and let live.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i was 17 and we both wanted the baby. we had our own place, he was working and able to support us, and we timed it so i would be able to graduate.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• There are a lot of adult women who do this I had a friend who got herself knocked up and the guy wanted nothing to do with her but he took care of the child. So its not just teenagers who do this.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• salexander.... even if the OP was a teen mom or got prego on purpose it's okay to brush teen pregnancy under the rug? I do think that there are teen mom's that turn out well and others that struggle. Saying it's okay to get pregnant as a teen to me is the same as making excuses for child obesity. It's a problem but people choose to ignore it.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You Know Truly In Deed They don't want Kids Just Now, I Call It Making The Wrong Choices/Decisions
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• some of you are being sorta bitchy to her question, she was just simply asking as teen moms did you want to be pregnant or was it a whoops factor... i dont get WHY at 17 you would plan for a child floors me id want to live my life, travel go to college all of that before i had a child.. i had my first at 25 and my next will here in nov at 27 and cant imagine not having the life i lead and the things i saw and the education i got before kids me into the picture, along with marriage
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Mine was by accident and ignorance. I was with an older man and thought he'd take care of me... HA! I was an idiot for trusting him... and he's just an idiot all around.

things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 4:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010