Please, we are so bored, any ideas??

Rainy day, me and the kids are so bored and have no motivation....any idea to get through until DH gets home?

Asked by gramsmom at 4:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Get a pen and paper and write a story together. You start and have each of them add a sentence. Write it exactly as they say it. (I got this from another mom on cm) Save the story and they will love to read it when they get older :)

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Play I spy or rent a movie GL :)

Answer by starestrada at 4:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Make some homemade playdough. Play a board game. Fingerpaint with pudding. Watch funny videos on youtube. Clean out a closet.
    Bake some bread.

Those are the kinds of things we do when it is rainy out.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• This is where board games comes in handy. My kids love playing Jenga, or challenging me in a game of chess. We also act out sentences written on paper, or commercials and the first person to guess wins. Or, we might even try cooking a new recipe together.

Answer by Ewadun at 4:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• board games? Guessing game?.............. "I'm thinking of something that's red", etc........... It is simplistic but we had so much fun with this at our house. Got really silly and had lots of laughs. Is it warm enough to let them play in the rain (with shoes that can be sacrificed!)?

Answer by elizabr at 4:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• make some cookies?

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Give each child a book and tell him he has to read however number of pages and then tell you what he read. If too young to read, get out a couple of toys and let the child figure out how to entertain himself. Children should not have to be entertained every minute. They need to learn how to entertain themselves. If you haven't practiced that before today, it would be a wonderful day to start.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Thanks NannyB, but yes, they have all been entertaining themselves all day, to the point that I feel guilty about it, lol. Wants to shake it up a bit and have a little fun together.

Comment by gramsmom (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010