How long did it take to potty train your first child? How long for each subsequent child?

And WHY do you think there was a difference?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 4:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• less than 2/3 days for all. I waited until they were ready. The older two trained at 3 the younger wanted to train at 2 but I put her off due to a vacation. I think they trained so quickly because I didnt "train" them... I simply waited until they were ready.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Mine were born potty trained.Yup...soon as they hopped out the womb..they ran to the toilet and pooed thier tar poo, LOL
    Just kidding :) I did have a dream like that though..I dreamt the baby climbed out of the crib and went to the bathroom.
    My son..bought potty chair at 12 months(just because I found it at a yardsale for cheap)..by 18 months I would say he actually began to show interest in it and he was trained by 24 months..never went back to diapers again.
    I bought my daughters potty chair a little over a week ago.She'll be 17 months tomorrow. She actually PEED IN IT today! I was shocked! LOL. She did a tiny little trinkle again just a few minutes ago. She won't keep a diaper on for nothing unless I have her strapped in a buttoned onsie,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If u have the same sex usually they follow each other.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My first took a week. I put him in underwear when he was 2 1/2 and within a week he got it, poop and pee. My second, he is 2 1/2 now. I put him in underwear about a three weeks ago. He is awesome when it comes to peeing (got it in a day) but he has yet to get the pooping down. He has pooped in the potty twice. He tells us he has to go potty and he just pees, 2 minutes later he has to go potty again and pees a little more. He does this about 4 times and then poops in his pants. I think he just doesn't have the feeling down or the pushing it out down yet or something. I think it just needs to happen by accident (which happened the other times I think, our timing was just perfect putting him on the potty) and then he will catch on. Usually for now, we put him in a pullup until he poops than in underwear the rest of the day. I don't know what the difference is besides they are just different in everything. lol
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2010