What do you think of online high schools?

Could a parent really trust their child to complete an online high school program?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in

• Just about all high school programs are a fraud or are only regionally accredited. Not nationally.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Not much. Not much at all. It means very little to be able to graduate from an online high school While some very credible schools, both high schools and colleges, may have an online component, a diploma from a completely online school means practically nothing at all.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would highly recommend the program through K12
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 4:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I went to high school 3 years, and then graduated online. Mine is nationally accredited. I loved it.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 4:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Our local Highschools all have online equivalents for home schooled kids and teens. If my kids want to do homeschooling through HS, that's going to be their choice. And I don't see any reason why we wouldn't trust them to do their classes.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I can't imagine why anyone would want to do Online High School? What the heck? The school experience with friends and teachers you see everyday is wonderful---a "can't be missed" time in your life !!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think it's a great option for the kids who have issues attending regular high school, especially behavior and/or attention issues.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Many public schools offer this to high school students. Make sure it is for an accredited school and yes I'm all for it!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We pulled our kids for a year to homeschool b/c of bullying issues and teacher issues at their school. When they returned to public school, we moved them elsewhere....still had bullying issues, but the teachers are so much better.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 1:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My son went to tradional HS for 2 yrs and flunked every class. Enrolled him @ the learning center thru the same school district which teaches same cirriculum as the HS only difference is it is online and he graduated with a 94%. It did take him an extra 1/2 year to make up for the 2 wasted years.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

Next question in
Good Community Colleges

Next question overall (General Parenting)
WHat exactly is autism?