Fresh Green Beans

How do you cook fresh green beans? I need some good recipe side dishes for these.

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 4:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are many ways you can make them. One way that I do:
    Snap in half and wash.
    If you don't have a steamer...(which I don't) I use a metal collander and put in a big pot with a little water, dash of salt on bottom of pot. Toss in the green beans, throw on a lid, turn heat medium-high. Steam until green beans are tender.
    While those are cooking...dice up a few bacon strips...toss in a frying pans with some butter and onions.
    When thats all cooked up, toss in about 1/2 tspn of cornstarch and cook slowly, stirring constantly so there are no lumps...makes kinda like a gravy-sauce. Throw in the cooked green beans, mix all together.Ta-da all done :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Here's a link
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5067428_prepare-fresh-green-beans-ways.html
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I like to fry up some bacon till it is nice and crispy, take it out of the pan to cool and then break it up. Keep the grease and add a white onion, fresh mushrooms, fresh garlic and some seasoned salt, chilli powder and pepper. THen I mix it all together with the green beans. It's so delicous, fattening surely, but oh so good.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010