Stay at home moms: If this was your situation...

If you had the option of staying at home and being miserable. Just not happy. Your relationship with your partner was not fulfilling, and the stress was interfering with your ability to parent to the best of your abilities 100% of the time.Would you "suck it up" so that you could be at home with your child? Or..would you pursue something that you thought would make you happy-in this situation, moving out. The downside to this situation would be that you would no longer be able to stay home with your children.

What would you do? Thanks for reading.

Miss_Kay

Asked by Miss_Kay at 4:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Life is too short to be miserable.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'd get counseling with my partner before I'd move out.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'd work on my relationship. You can find something fulfilling to do that doesn't involve leaving your kids. Do some classes on line or learn a craft. Do a gardening project with your kids. Do you really think you can be happy shoving your kids in daycare while you go have fun? It might be a distraction but it's not going to bring your real happiness.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Umm... if I were in that position, I guess I would move out and get a job. better to be happy for your kids than to be miserable to be home with them. They can sense how you feel, and they would know you're unhappy. They wouldn't know why either and might think it was them.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would and did go back to school and started my own company to do whatever to be a better parent. I decided it was worth it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would go for some counseling to be truly sure of what I wanted. Then I would do what made me happy. If mama isn't happy, then no one is truly happy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i started to make myself happy I will graduate in 2012 I run Iron man next year and after I graduate I will be moving to Japan. So find something that satisfies you and work it. It helps and makes you a better parent and partner. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I already do classes on line. I'm working towards a bachelors in education. I don't have much time for a hobby-I've got classes, I waitress for 3 hours every sunday (though they continue to pressure me to take on more)-Rhonda, me moving out and getting a (full time) job is not my definition of fun-I'd much prefer to be home with my 13 month old son just under different circumstances if that makes any sense. Anyway, the hobby thing-I'd love to but like I said, with classes, a little waitressing, being involved in LLL, and keeping my 13 month old happy, I seem to be pressed for time. I just don't know what to do. Thanks everyone for their input.
    Miss_Kay

Comment by Miss_Kay (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• pinkdragon, thanks :) I've been trying so hard to find something to satisfy my need. I don't feel very supported by my partner though. He doesn't really like to watch our son so that I can go out to do things. He seems to always make me feel guilty. He says it's because my son prefers me, and yes that is true. Of course it is, I'm the one who is always taking care of him.
    Miss_Kay

Comment by Miss_Kay (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• it can seem very lonely and difficult at times, when we are sahm's. i hope you realize that happiness comes from within. sometimes we do not need to constantly search for what makes us happy. could you do any mom groups with your baby? my husband always said that first year the kids don't even know that he exists, so maybe your husband is uncomfortable. you may just need to leave your lo with your dh a few times so they can both get used to it : )
    when my first son was about 9 months old i started plopping him in the stroller and walking. it helped to get outside, and many times we walked to parks, and i could talk with grown ups too! my walks got longer and faster, and i started getting my pre baby body back. i just felt better all around. i wish you the best of luck mama! i guess i am saying suck it up a while and stay with it. do you go to church? sometimes (i don't want to come across as pushy or crazy) God can help a lot!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010