What validitity is there to the phrase "what you aren't willing to do another woman is?"

I think it's stupid and to be quite frank if I had a relationship where that was true I would want out anyway! : )

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 4:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• you got that right sister!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree! That's a cop out, an excuse for doing something stupid!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think that's something a man made up, or a woman who couldn't quite get what she wanted. LOL! If a relationship was based on that statement, it wouldn't be much of a relationship anyway. Ugh.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i would hope that if my husband was unhappy with everything i wasnt willing to do he would either tell me so maybe i could work on helping out or he could go and find his ass another woman and TRY to replace me. haha.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Some men have used this to control their girlfriends and wives with it. If a man I dated said this to me I would be gone.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i would not allow myself to be compared to another woman like that. i would get out of that relationship asap.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I read that all over this site, especially during the great porn debate. I personally find it to be stupid and I agree with you 100%.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 5:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Tough one.
    On one hand. Can see it as a total cop out for bad choices and behaviours.
    On the otherhand. The reality is that people can and will seek out what they find is missing from themselves &/or their relationship in other people.

I do not think of the statement in means of sex. I think of it in a broader since. If someone doesn't feel: respected, admired, adored, wanted, needed.ect. in their relationship it is very very easy to start receiving those things &/or seek out those things from another person.

In a perfect world. Anyone would be able to honestly share with their partners when something is lacking withing themselves &/or their relationship. But we do not live in a perfect world, and honest and open sharing doesn't always happen. In many cases, it happens too late. Once someone is getting that need filled somewhere else.

So yeah. I see some validity in the statement.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• 'The reality is that people can and will seek out what they find is missing from themselves &/or their relationship in other people."

They can but that doesn't mean that they will. That's the line and it is up to each individual whether they will cross it or not. Personally, if there is an issue in my relationship or I feel my husband is behaving in a hurtful way I talk to him (and vice versa). Not once has he hurt my feelings or acted a certain way and I thought about how I could find someone else that wouldn't.

By the way, I have only heard that saying refer to sexual things on this site and I see it all over the place.
    Sara.Robyson

Comment by Sara.Robyson (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think it's wonderful that you and your husband talk to each other. Mine and I do as well. We wouldn't have made it 25 years if we haven't. LOL But I've also learned alot in those years, and one of those things is how easily it is to take our partners for granted and how easily it is to find that attention somewhere else.

Sadly though. Not everyone can, will, or knows how to affectively communicate with their partners. For those people, it's really easy to slip into getting needs met else where, sometimes with not even realising it.

My personal thought is if someone only thinks of that statement in regards to sex. They may really be missing the bigger picture in regards to not only the needs that a person may be be getting filled in their relationship. But also, how simply some of the most devastating situations can start.

These are just my opinions though .
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010