Potty Training DD who is 3.

So, we sat on the toilet for 20 min drinking juice, me bribing her with stickers and chocolate....and nothing...
My boys upstairs woke up from their nap, about half way through the potty session and so after the 20 min we went upstairs with "big girl" panties on and platic panties over that and I told her if she needed to go potty she needed to run to the potty....
Of course she pees in her panties and it leaks onto the floor a bit, while i'm changing another diaper on one of the boys. So I made her stand there in the wet panties and explained to her it didn't feel good and that we don't go potty in our panties anymore...we go in the potty and she repeated it....
So now what? She's in a fresh pair of big girl panties and plastic panties over that.....

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• for my 2yr old I just kept track every 15 minutes I would put her on the potty and tell her to push. If she went I applauded her, if she didnt I would keep an eye on her. Then I told her to tell me when she had to go potty. It takes a lot of attention and hard work but she will get it. also dont make them sit on the toilet for 20 mins. 5 min max in my book.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Ask her if she needs to go and to let you know if she feels like she does. Sit her the potty every so often. Keep it up....stay calm..........she'll get it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2010