Explain this to me please

A man comes home from work and tells his wife that 2 of his female co-workers have been flirting with him. He gives 2 examples of things they have said to him, like: "It's too bad you're taken" and "You could do so much better than your wife."

The wife thanks her husband for his honesty, but admits that the women's inappropriate behaviour bothers her. The man then becomes angry, telling his wife that she is obsessing over his co-workers and that it shouldn't matter what they say since he comes home to her every night.

From that moment on the man only sees these women during work hours, he doesn't see or speak to them at any other time. He continues to bring them up in conversation now and again, becoming angry if his wife looks bothered. He also becomes upset when his wife tells him that she isn't comfortable when he suggests giving one of the women some used baby clothes/items from the home.

What do YOU think?

-xoxo-

Asked by -xoxo- at 5:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• i would think there is a little more between the man and those women than he is letting on. but i could be wrong.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think any man who comes home and tells his wife that women are saying 'you can do so much better than your wife' is trying to upset her.
    telling her he's bring flirted with is honesty- buy I don't agree with putting salt in the wound.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• He doesn't have any contact with them other than work, but doesn't stand up for his wife when they make inappropriate comments either. 1 of the women sends friend requests to a FB account the wife made under her husbands name in order to progress faster in online games. She doesn't tell her husband about that and just deletes the woman each time.

-xoxo-

Comment by -xoxo- (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would think he is enjoying the attention from the women and the jealousy from his wife. He is looking for an ego boost.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• me being me i would think maybe there was a little more going on there
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

If you were the wife in this situation, would you allow your used baby clothing/items to go to one of these women?

-xoxo-

Comment by -xoxo- (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my husband has told me about women flirting with him at work. he has also told me exactly what he said to them aftarwards, and it was very blunt that he had no interest in them. any man who is married should not allow women to keep flirting with him. he doesnt have to be mean but if he is making no effort to ward them off there is a problem.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think the man is trying to tell his wife something but using all the wrong ways of trying to express himself.
    I also think he is insecure and liking that other women are giving him attention, he wants his wife to know how it makes him feel but don't realize how much he is hurting his wife in the process.

Men need to realize if they need extra attention or whatever it is there going through they need to come to there wife and talk to her about it and work it out as a couple. Instead most men wont come to there wife to talk cuz they are to fricken stuburn and will proced to get there attention somewere else.
    The right thing to do when a women is coming on to them is to say "thanks, but no thanks I'm married" and when they are putting his wife down he needs defend her.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• no i wouldnt give her the baby stuff
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I agree with looovemybabies - I think this husband is trying to get something from his wife, maybe some more attention or maybe some validation from her in someway. He probably is enjoying the situation he's created. I've been in a slightly similar situation with my husband's past co-workers, two girls that worked in accounting, and he was going out with them as well on weekends with mutual friends. They never talked bad about me to my knowledge but the first time I met them, they were entirely overly flirty with him and didn't even acknowledge me. I made it clear I didn't approve of that behavior which lead me to believe more was going on. So what I did is befriended them, starting going out with them, calling them and basically getting more information, we turned into good friends over time. I guess I kind of go with the saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010