Why is virginity prized so highly?

I, personally, feel sorry for anyone who has only ever know the touch of ONE other person.

(cross-posted in "Religion")

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• me too
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't think of it as some highly prized thing. Not at all.

I feel that the whole idea of women saving themselves, was started by men because they wanted a woman that had not been "soiled" or "used' ect.. By another man.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I can personally tell you the more pieces of yourself that you give away the less you have to give to the right person when they come along. You just get kind detached from real emotions and can't really care about someone.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 5:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Why would you feel sorry for them? Because they didn't hoe around? Yes I have been with 7 men in my life but that's not anything to brag about. If you are trulyin love with your first why can't you experiment and what not with the same person? I don't see why that should be looked down upon. If you have a daughter now or in the future would you want her to have multiple sex partners? Especially with all the STD's and shit that are spreading.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Why? I think its beautiful... Ive only had sex with 2 guys... And ever since Ive met my hubby (10yrs ago) I wished I would have waited... So dont feel sorry for those that have waited. They wanted it that way..

I also dont agree with sleeping around (for myself) because it raised the risk of STDs, unwanted children & higher risk of cervical cancer.. If people would not sleep around it would cut all STDS down drastically..

But to each their own.. Be happy with your choice... Be safe.... Enjoy..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I, personally, am one of those people. I have no regrets. Please don't feel sorry for me....save it for someone else.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I really think it is a man thing. They want virgins because they have tight vagina's. They like that I heard.

Answer by louise2 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I've only been with my husband and I have no regrets. Don't feel sorry for me...I am perfectly happy! :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• do you know how many 'virgins' out that have contracted a STD by having what they considered 'safe sex'?

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Then they are not virgins, are they? Sex is sex no matter where you are penetrated. I think it is disturbing how many mothers promote having sex with as many people as possible, virginity is not only "for the man" it shows that the woman had/has self control and won't just spread her legs for anyone. If virginity was more valued we would have so many babies born to teenage girls. Bash away!!

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010