If your into the NBA~What are your thoughts on Lebron James leaving the Cleveland Cavs for Miami Heat?

I really don't care but I DO think it was wrong the way he did it. He's a butt.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 5:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Entertainment

• He did it for the money.

Answer by louise2 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I look at it this way--Cleveland knew his contract was up. Cleveland also had seven years to build a solid team around him that would lead to a championship. They didn't do anything to keep him, even though they were aware that he wanted a championship. they just expected him to stay in his home town. They are claiming that he gave up during the playoffs, but they are not addressing the issues/rumors about his teammates shannanigins that were going on either (the fact that supposedly a team mate slept with Lebron's mother and Lebron found out about it the day of that alleged game). I think Lebron was in his rights to go somewhere they would lead to his dreams and goals.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think he did what's best for him. He wants to win a Championship so he's going to go where he thinks he can do that. I think Cleveland is being a big baby about it, they put all their eggs into Lebron's basket. One player does not make a team. I think Cleveland should suck it up and make a great team and prove to Lebron what they could do without him.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• ppl have to understand that its their job.sports are recreational to us but its their job and business is business its not personal.
    ALLSPORTMOM

Answer by ALLSPORTMOM at 5:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think the way that the 'fans' are acting is ridiculous. If you were offered a job doing exactly what your doing now but with more money and more 'perks' would you take it? Of Course.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• How on earth did the team not know? I knew he was looking for a new team the moment he became a free agent and I don't even really follow basketball. It was all over the news that he was talking to two or three different teams. Maybe he didn't tell them WHERE he was going, but if I knew he was leaving--so did they.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sneaky
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Okay just to clairfy 1 thing, he didnt go for the $. Technically he took a paycut to go to Miami. All 3 of them did. That said. he made a good business decision. People move all the time for better job options. Cleveland is being rididculous. I would like to think that the fine from the commissioner calms pple down a bit, but I doubt it will. He doesnt OWE Cleveland anything, he wasnt elected to single handedly revive the local economy. He's a proffesional athlete, who had to go find a better chance to win a ring.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yeah, I think so too louise..money and the want to WIN a championship...little bit of greed and no loyalty.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• LOL...I agree with all you ladies. I'm from Cleveland and live in a suburb of Cleveland. My initial reaction to the whole thing was..well..he's gotta do what he has to do to help his OWN career. But the reason Cleveland Fans are so upset (at least the cleveland fans I know,lol) is because of the way that he did the whole thing. It was very arrogant.He waited so long to say anything..he planned an entire 1 hour interview around telling America that he was dumping the Cavs...and he didn't even tell his own team until about 3 mins before he announced on national television that he was going to leave.He does have some great fans here...but unfortunately Cleveland has this "curse" looming over our heads,lol. I don't blame him for going..there just could have been a better way to do it...kids were crying about him for goodness sakes!
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010