how often does your 4 yr old boy go pee? serious ??

Mine seems to go about every 12 hours, it is insane, no accidents, his dad does the same thing.. but it cannot be normal to only pee 2-4 times a day at 4 yrs old...

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 5:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• up his fluids intake. holding it that long will lead to bladder infections. I would consult a doctor as well.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My son used to do that. The preschool was concerned because he didn't go for the 9 hours he was at the school. He's never had any health issues, but boy did he pee like anything when we got home.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Geez, I wish for that...my 7 year old pees like a race horse (kidney kid)....At 5 they do a kidney screening to see if kids are spilling protein or sugar...I wonder if your pediperson do it now instead of at K. I bet that is just his normal.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 5:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My 4 year old only pees a few times a day. He has always been that way. But when he pees...good god!... It is a huge amount!
    He use to pee out of his diapers with one pee.
    He is healthy, he just doesn't pee very often. He has never had an infection and he drinks liquid all day long. Trust me, if I hear, "mom can I have a drink?" one more time to day I might scream :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• His fluid intake is huge. it is summer time! he constantly has a drink. When he pees - it is a LOT more than i pee... i do try to get him to go more often - like when we are leaving for a longer car ride... but he completely refuses. kids with kidney issues do pee more than normal... so it is like the opposite of that.. and he doesnt prance around all day like i would if i held it that much... i guess i will mention it at his 5 year well child.
    AmaliaD

Comment by AmaliaD (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My son pees all the time. I swear about 8-10 times a day. But he drinks constantly. water mostly. Depends on what he is drinking on how fast it goes through them.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My son doesn't get a choice, we make him go pee every 2 hours. He's very good at holding it, and he will go all night without peeing (7:30 pm to 7:30 am). Holding it for that long can be very dangerous and lead to bladder infections. If you're worried, give him some cranberry juice. That always makes me pee! Oh and mention it to your pediatrician.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010