8 months pregger and bad back pain?

does anyone know of anything I can do to relieve my constant back pain? Its not labor pains or anything like that, but it is always there and worse during the night time. I sleep on my left side most the night and sometimes my right but I cant even lay flat without it hurting really bad, and I know I'm not suppose to sleep on my back and I dont. Anything that I would be able to do for it?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 5:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when u find out please tell me lol
    Kelsmomma123

Answer by Kelsmomma123 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Lots of warm compresses and deep heating ointments. The BEST topical ointment I ever discovered OTC was "Zostrix" you can buy it at larger pharmacy stores like Wlagreen's/CVS. You literally only need a pea sized amount--have your SO massage it into your lower back. You'll feel the positive effects until your next shower...really!

At this point in your pregnancy you have a lot of weight on your abdomen and your lower back is being stressed, and possibly pinching on the Sciatic nerve--the pain will travel over your butt cheek(s) and down the back of your leg(s), and at time you may not be able to walk at all.

It is best to sit in a sturdy, hard, non upholstered chair--while the sofa may be comfy it doesn't help to support your back and can actually cause it to hurt more and add a lumbar pillow for a little added comfort!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2010