What do you think about putting preschoolers high heels?

My three year old daughter named Suri it's obsessed with hight heels.She is telling me to buy her the one we saw in a kid's store , they are cute hight heels but i dont know..what if her foot is deformed?

here is a pic
http://www.freedusa.com/images/dancesport/francescapop.jpg

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 6:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think play ones are fine, but not for everyday use. She could get hurt and kids should be free to play. That said my daughter started in on me for heels too at about four. I got her plastic Disney princess dress up ones.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My opinion on this is...if they are at home and its play things...dress up pretend..thats fine, but I would never put my three year old in high heels for regular wear.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Its stupid. STUPID...stupid stupid.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yes dress up ones, but not to wear out and as actual shoes!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• stupid
    except
    dress up in house fine
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i am a teacher and our kids wear uniforms... which lead to the fact that they have to all wear dress shoes... so lots of little girls in K (5-6 yrs old) wear dress shoes with heels - less formal than the ones pictured. but they jump rope, run on the paved playground, etc in heels... idk how they do it - i personally wear flats most of the time. but when i wear heels all the little girls notice and comment on them. if you buy them for her, you might have to accept the fact that she will insist on wearing them. the neighbor girl often sneaks into her dress up heels to come out to play... there is nothing wrong with lil girls wanting these sybols of feminity ... they are exploring their gender identity. you just have to be sure that she isnt allowed to take it too far with the choices of skanky girls clothes that are redily available..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• SP * sybols = symbols
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010