How do u get your kids to behave.. ive tried everything?

I have a 4,3,1 yr old and all they do is fight and get into everything and just plain out dont listen..

Mommieof3inTx

Asked by Mommieof3inTx at 6:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• send them to grandmas house
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• U NEED TO BUST THERE BUTTS !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 6:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• There is no easy answer all you can do is just keep disciplining them, time-outs work best for me as they don't involve shouting at children. Just keep putting them in time-out and teaching them everytime that this behaviour is not acceptable, it will pay off in the end.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have an 8 and 6 year olds maybe they need time away from each other. maybe plan an activity for each that will give them their own time. I knowmine act up wen they are sick of each other.
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 6:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Try Love & Logic. It's way too much to explain here, but I can honestly say it works great for my family. You can get books, CDs, and DVDs at the library or you can buy them from www.loveandlogic.com.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Busting their butts would only make them scream and cry plus wouldn't stop their behavior. Are they bored? Are they hot? Have you tried structured play time? Maybe a playdate with other kids. It's possible they are just bored with each other and home. Maybe they need to go to a park and run and play with unfamiliar things.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Be consistent and firm with punishments. The minute you let up they will turn on you. Make sure whoever else is disciplining along with you is on the same page with you. If you don't agree, it needs to be discussed. I am all for time-outs as well. 1 minute per age and a hug and brief statement to follow explaining why and that you love them. Hang in there and breathe deeply! :)

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Routine, Routine, Routine! I have 7 kids ranging in age from 12 to almost 2. 6 boys and 1 girl. We have some chaos some times. Plans, routines, and communication will save you and your family. Make a daily schedule, ie: wake up, get dressed, have breakfast, clean up from breakfast, brush teeth/hair, chores, play outside, snack, indoor activity, lunch, movie/nap time, snack, games, dinner, bath, bed. Every morning let the kids know what the schedule for the day will (where you'll be going, what chore they will have to do etc) Give them about 5 min transition time: "we'll be leaving for the store in 5 minutes" and then set an egg timer. Plan out meals a week in advance. It takes a while to get used to this, but trust me, you'll be amazed at the difference in your kids when you explain to them what will be happening and what is expected of them in a nice tone with kid friendly words.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 6:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• we have tried everything lettin them play going outside when its not to hot for my oldest ashma...
    Mommieof3inTx

Comment by Mommieof3inTx (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• take away the "screens" ~they need to work together...I have taken away favorite blankets to make a point (for the day, mine!). Caring peaceful environment is the goal and they need to find something to take care of (we have a garden). If their hands are busy enough to tease a sib, they have work to get to (and really the might just need to run).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010