Do you ever use ground turkey in place of ground hamburger in recipes?

I've started doing this in the last few months. Some I can't tell the differnce and some I can.

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do all of the time. It's way healthier and I like the taste better.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sometimes- the best is Chili!!! In fact, I just made a pot today! Turkey burger is lower fat plus, all those beans- I use black, red, chili, and kidney... fiber, fiber, fiber!~
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• YES ! I THANK ITS GOOD , IT TAST BETTER !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 6:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We also do this often. It is best in things with sauces or seasonings, like tacos and spaghetti. I love turkey burgers as well, but the hubby is not quite on board with me there. Be careful to check your fat content if you are doing this for health reasons. Treat it just like beef when looking for fat content. :)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Most I can't tell the difference if it's mixed with sauce like in spaghetti but made turkey burgers once and it was way too gamey for me to try again.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• for most things i like it a lot more. but the texture is different.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We do it all the time, I don't notice it and my children have never said anything... to them it is normal.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I really think how you season it makes a big difference. We pretty much gave up ground beef about 30 days ago. I just make sure I season to taste otherwise the texture along with the taste can make it not so tasty .
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sometimes I like it and I find there is a taste difference. I can' t find just ground 'breast' meat.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We gave up ground beef for the most part over a year ago. Ground turkey is much cheaper and just as versatile. I even found a turkey burger recipe that the kids rave about.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010