Working Moms: What do you do? Do you like it?

I'm a police dispatcher- about 24-32 hours a week (evenings and weekends) and, a part-time graduate student (MA in Teaching)...

I love everything about what I do now because I get to stay home during the day and, we don't have to spend any money for daycare.

What do you do?

MDT09

Asked by MDT09 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am a financial counselor in the emergency room at a hospital. I absolutely love what I do. I help uninsured individuals find a way to pay their medical bills. It is very hard work, and at times people are very unhappy to see me, but a lot times people recognize that I am there to help them and they are very appreciative of it. I hate being away from my son so much... but I'm glad that I am doing something that I find meaningful and my son has really grown to love his day care and his grandma time!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I am an area business office manager for a company that operates nursing homes. I travel to different facilities each day and help with audits and training and account research. I like that my job is very flexible in that I can work from home 1-2 days a week and keep the baby at home with me (for now hehe).
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm a VB .NET developer at a manufacturing company. I love it!
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Hallmark Part time and Pampered Chef it is so much fun I make money working fro mhome and going to my friends houses and selling products to their friends.
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 6:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i am a sales administrator for a local drug store (im in canada, so to compare it, it would be like a walgreens)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• ohhh..and yaa i enjoy it..i work 5am-130pm, so i get lots of time with my daughter, which is awesome!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I clean houses during the day, my hubby lost his job so he watches the kids.
    mcqueenmom2

Answer by mcqueenmom2 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I work at a hotel partime when my husband is home to watch our baby :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I do childcare for 2 families......... part time. Love it!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I work part time at a vets office and most days I LOVE it. I will admit there are days I'd like to pitch a fit and walk out the door never to return but all in all it is a very rewarding and sometimes even fun job. My favorite is X-rays and puppy c-sections! I also work part time as a Mary Kay consultant. This has just started and hasn't really taken off yet but so far it is by far my favorite job I have ever had. I make an awesome boss. I should give myself a bonus. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010