Any of you mommas out there,

Work as a telemarketer? I just got hired in at influent and start on Monday. Is it a good job to have or does it suck?

Peekalou

Asked by Peekalou at 6:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would prepare yourself to be yelled at and belittled by random strangers on the phone. If you can take verbal abuse from faceless strangers then I think you'll do fine.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• a cousin had that job. be prepared. people are very rude.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Man i had one for 2 months and i sucked, they paid 4.50 a hour plus commision, Iv never been called so many nasty names in my life lol!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• it*
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Yikes, better get prepared to be yelled out! And, don't call me LOL!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I worked with a market research company even though we weren't selling anything people were still very rude. Just don't take it personal. It's a job and they don't know you. Good Luck!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• People are beyond rude. I used to work at a call center, for a bank. People get crazy over money, I was called every name in the book. You just have to learn to take it or you wont last long.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My husband did it a couple of years ago. He hated it, said he felt guilty calling these people because he knows how much he hates getting those calls. He didn't get called a lot of nasty names though he just got hung up on a lot. He was also paid a very low base salary then commission so he didn't make a lot of money doing it. Good luck to you!
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I was a telemarketer and now I am one of those asses that you will have to call I apologize ahead of time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010