its about eating

I am 9 weeks pregnant and i dont know how often i should eat or how much. i tend to stay sick.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 7:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I found that if I found a food that I could eat and kept it stocked in the house I just stuck to that while I was sick. try eating pretzels, the salt in those helped with my nausea, I also read somewhere that bananas helped with morning sickness so i kept lots of those around. I also kept a bag of pretzels by my bed and made a habit of eating them before i got out of bed because I heard that that helped. I think though that with the morning sickness really the most important thing is keeping liquids down. I found that peppermint tea helped with the nausea and I also found a pregnancy tea that tasted really good and I was able to sip on it and keep some liquids down. I've seen pregnancy teas at whole foods, sunflower, and babies r us. But again I think if you are able to find one thing to keep down you can just eat that. I would stay try crackers, starches, and teas :-) good luck!
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Eat small amounts of food as often as you can. I was very sick throughout my whole first pregnancy. I found when I ate smaller amounts more frequently it stayed down better.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Eat when your hungry if not too hungry but don't feel so well then snack on a healty snack maybe some veggis or saltines, try not to over eat and try to eat more healty snacks cuz I don't know about you but for me and most moms baby weight is really hard to lose, good luck and congrats.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I read that eating smaller meals throughout the day is better for digestion when you are pregnant. Like five or six small meals from all the food groups since you are eating for both you and baby.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2010