How do you handle three kids?

I am expecting my 3rd in March!

3blessingsmommy

Asked by 3blessingsmommy at 7:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yay! Congratulations! First - Relax! It's so fun with 3! How old are your other 2? Mine are 4, 3 and 1. They older 3 help so much with the 1 yr old. Plus, they're able to play together and keep each other entertained for a few minutes for me to tend to baby's needs.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Renea20- thanks for the good words! My first is 6 tomorrow, my second turns 2 on dec 22nd, and this one is due March 12th. I am very worried that I wont be able to handle all of this!
    3blessingsmommy

Comment by 3blessingsmommy (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It was a lot of work, but it was fun, from what I can remember! LOL! It still is a lot of fun, actually!
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Your 6 year old can /will be such a wonderful helper! Enjoy..............
    Anonymous

• Honestly I don't think it was much different than having 2. Of course as they get older (mine are now 8, 7 & 5) two of them play together and the other one feels left out.......at least the two that play together changes frequently!! Your oldest should help out with the baby (kind of like a real live baby doll to play with)!! Don't worry about it too much, before you know it it will be like you've always had three children!

Good luck & Congratulations!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• don't worry.... for me the transition from 1 to 2 was much harder than from 2 to 3! it's not nearly as bad as you think. the only thing that really got me about having 3 kids is i had to trade in my car for a 7 passenger suv thing and i absolutely hate it lol. but everything else was easy breezy. gl!!!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Oh.....princessbeth79.....I never even thought of that!! I traded in my little 2 door sports car to get a yucky ugly mom van.....all so I could fit 3 car seats in it :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Congrats !! I have 3 kids too. My oldest was 3 1/2 before baby #2 came along and he was 18 months when baby #3 came. I had help from my mom but mostly it was just being organized and not uptight about things. If my babies needed more time for anything, like getting ready for outings or going to bed, I allowed it. I didn't want to rush though life. I also made sure my kids were adaptable and able to sleep wherever we were. I made sure we had family time (just us 5) and my older son would read to the younger ones when I needed "me" time... Having 3 kids can be easy, just don't be stressed and don't take life too seriously, laugh with them and find time for hubby too!!

~Enjoy your family to the fullest!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Thank you EVERYONE!!!!! I feel so much better now!!
    3blessingsmommy

Comment by 3blessingsmommy (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I am going to give you a bump on this but I also want to hear what everyone else rights since I am going to be trying to have another in September or October and I have a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010