What form of punishment do you use?

and what age did you start punishing you child(ren)?

Also, what types of things do you punish for?

Laila-May

Asked by Laila-May at 7:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on what they've done. This question to me..is geared more toward my 10 yr old...the 17 month old is still just the basics.
    He gets grounded..FROM EVERYTHING..no tv,no video games,no friends,no outside.
    Privledges taken away.
    A few times I've made him write a page worth of an apology and/or a paragraph on why he thinks what he did wrong was wrong.
    He's been spanked a few times.
    Extra chores that he earns no allowance for.
    Think thats pretty much it.
    Man..I need to get with it and start thinkin up some new creative punishments! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't use any form of punishment with my 2 year old. She is generally well behaved, and she acts like a normal 2 year old.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My kids are still really young so right now it's time outs and toys taken away.

When they're older their punishments will fit their crimes. If the skip school, I'll put my hair in rollers, put on an ugly housecoat or sweat suit and drive them to school AND walk them to their first class. Lol!
    I'm sure they'll think twice about cutting school again.
    Laila-May

Comment by Laila-May (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My boys are 3 & 4, I started correcting them around a year depending on the issue, but at those early stages it was just saying NO... Now they get a little of everything - timeout, corner, go to their room, spanking, loosing toys, coming home early, "talks" but again, it depends on what they did and where we are.

And just for the record... My mom went with me to school too, she staid with me ALL DAY and sat with me in ALL my classes and even at lunch. And no, it didn't stop me from cutting again... It just made me be more careful to not get caught next time!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010