When does the crying and crankiness get better?

My baby is 3 months old and can sometimes chill for 30 minutes at a time, but then she starts crying. I check everything, but she just seems to be fussy and not happy no matter what I do. She does not have colic, but seems to fuss alot. Does this get better? Or do I have to face having a challenging child forever?

jet360

Asked by jet360 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on the child unfortunatly.. I have 2 kids who are ALWAYS HAPPY and were pretty happy babies.. but then I have a 3 year old, that has been a difficult child from the beginging and still is.. I think it depends on the kids and the stages they are going though. I wish you the best of luck.. Most of us moms have been there a time or 2
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It gets better. Even if the child doesn't you learn to deal with it better, but more than likely its just a stage. My 2 month old is a little like that, and the colic hold (child's stomach on your forearm) works, even though she doesnt have colic.
    H2BPREGO

Answer by H2BPREGO at 8:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• way to eariler to tell at three months. 30 min w/o crying is pertty good. i wouldnt worry about it to much.....
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If she doesn't have colic I would talk to your pedi about the possibility of reflux. Some kids have mild forms and it makes them cranky and you miserable. If my DD isn't taking her meds then I don't even want to be in the house. My LO is 2 and has been on meds since she was 5 days old. I would talk to the doctor b/c constant fussiness isn't normal no matter what people say.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It usually gets better around the 3 mo. mark unless there is something else wrong. My second had Acid Reflux which I didn't realize until around 5 mo. but the medication helps tremendously!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Thanks everyone. My DD does have silent reflux. She is on Zantac. But still super fussy. Sometimes one little thing (who knows what) will set her off and its crazy screaming instantly. Doctors keep saying that maybe it is her temperment...I really don't want to hear that.
    jet360

Comment by jet360 (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2010