getting piercings while pregnant?

i want opinions from all of you. do you think its safe to get piercings while pregnant (within reason)?

lilbabimama22

Asked by lilbabimama22 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why cant you just wait until after pregnancy to get peircings? I mean its only 9 months of your life. But ears would be the only one I would think is okay to get during because of the less possibility of infection.
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• nope. i wouldnt chance an infection happening
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm with mommieagain! There are ALWAYS dangers when being pierced, and there is no need to put your baby at risk for something so small. I would just say wait. If you got a piercing before you knew you were pregnant, I wouldn't worry about it, but I also wouldn't plan on having one done til after you have the baby.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I wasn't planning on getting any piercings, a girl I work with who is 6months was planning on getting another piercing on her lip that week. I told her that it wasn't smart to do it while pregnant, but she's like it's my body and I'll do what I want. I told her that's fine but you want to risk infection or any type of disease given to you or your unborn daughter than that is your choice.
    lilbabimama22

Comment by lilbabimama22 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010