Back Pain at night?

Ok, I know that back pain is a common thing in pregnancy, but my back pain gets much worse while I'm sleeping. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and some days my back won't hurt at all, but will wake me up in the middle of the night with lots of pain, and I sleep on my side. Is it possible that it's something other than the pregnancy causing it, like a UTI?

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Aw I'm sorry. I have dealt with pain for the past three years because of a herniated/bulging disk in my lower back, then I got pregnant, so I completely understand the back pain. I have to use a heating pad before bed pretty much every night and walking and stretching helps too. I really hope your doctor can help you out. Don't worry about asking them so many questions, they're there to help you. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Have you tried sleeping with a pillow or two between your legs when you're laying on your side? That's what I have to do, otherwise it pulls my back all out of whack. Hope you feel better soon.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have an ultrasound on Wednesday, so I can talk to my doctor then, I just hate going in with so many questions, I'm worried she'll think I'm a crazy lady lol. My list is already getting long, is it ok that I have only gained 4 pounds, is it ok that i'm still throwing up, could i have a uti? I'm sure she's used to it, I just hate to be a bothersome woman. Especially if it's something that is probably totally normal. But then I've also been feeling kind of tight when i pee, kind of like when i try to pee after sex so maybe it is a uti or kidney infection or something.
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have, but sometimes it seems like that makes it worse...
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2010