How much will you pay for concert tickets?

Roger Waters of Pink Floyd is doing his Wall tour. I'd love to go but tickets will be about $100 each like they were for Dark Side of the Moon. I just can't pay that when we live paycheck to paycheck. I remember going to shows and having great seats for $20-$40 tops in college and high school. I'm not THAT old. :)

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 8:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Entertainment

• I was willing to pay $350 for U2 tickets they were suppose to be here in July, But then Bono did something to his throat and cancelled the tour. I was only going to get them because we had just sold the house. One of the best concerts I ever went to was free. The ALarm came to Spring Week at college. It was a good show. Nowdays I seem to forking over big bucks for Bob the Builder Live so might as well go see a show I like once in my life.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It depends on the show. My husband is a big Pearl Jam fan, and when they came we paid about $250 per ticket for front row seats (that he HAD to have) but that's the most we've ever paid for concert tickets, and probably would ever pay.
    ChelseasFamily

Answer by ChelseasFamily at 8:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I know I wanted to see Robin Williams when he was at the Motor City Casino and the tickets were outrageous!! I can't afford to go anymore!! :(. I wouldn't pay more than $50 a ticket.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When I was working last year, I got two tickets for Metallica for my husband. I paid around $100-$125 for each ticket. Now that I'm not, there's no way I could do that. Those were the nosebleed seats too, just one row down from the very top. :-) Totally worth it though!!!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I paid $80 to see Cher. I would have gladly paid more. I had saved up $400 to cover travel, room & tickets for Michael Jackson, but of course that didn't happen. I'm paying $81 to see the Phantom Of The Opera in August. That said, Poison tickets were only $15.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Oh, I did pay over $100 a piece for Rolling Stone, but I gave them to my DH, I didn't go so I don't know if the show was any good...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• the $100 tickets are the worst seat too...its so sad that middle class fans are just cut out of live performance anymore
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2010