ok so i asked once before

but i was looking for some answers that are not obvious like coupons and sales. how aew you mommys thrifty? what do you do to save a penny. i am looking for ideas. thanks!!

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 8:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ideas, hmmm. Well, for cleaners, I use only alcohol or bleach. I do not buy anything more to clean my house. These two do it all. Because detergents, fabric softeners and dish detergents are concentrated, it is actually okay to dilute them, or use less. I can stretch my fabric softeners really far that way! Only do laundry when you have a full batch. I buy most of my foods in bulk, even hamburger and chicken. I then split them apart and freeze them individually into meals. I try not to eat any food outside the house (exception being my almost daily Starbucks drink). No food. I eat everything at home. Keep your blinds and curtains closed in the summer, that helps to keep out the heat.

Only use enough shampoo to coat your hair, you do not need enough to lather, that is too much.

That's all I can think of right now.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• sometimes i shop at good will. we save a lot by buying second hand. sure it's not brand new but we dont buy stuff that looks ratty or even very worn.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• when i clothing shop i go shopping at the end of the season when everything is on clearance and just get the kids the next size and put the clothes up for when that times comes .
    i clearance shop alot for gifts and stuff .
    i use coupons for food and diapers
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We are bargain shoppers - we wait for sales. We buy end-of-season for next year. We are giving up shopping at Sam's Club and are now shopping at Aldi. We buy what we NEED, not what we WANT. We save for things. I LOVE Target and if they make a store-brand of something, that is what I am using; not a name brand. We buy in bulk when something is on sale. When my son was younger, I shopped at Once Upon A Child for his clothes and toys. We do not take unnecessary trips in the car or go shopping for no reason. We don't eat out a lot. You can also cut back on things like cable, home phone, cell phone, Netflix, etc. Your local library is an awesome resource for games, movies, audiobooks, cds, as well as books, and it is FREE. You can also cut out expenses like manis, pedis, facials, salon, etc. There are many ways to save money!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• We go to Yard Sales and Thrift Stores, I am learning to sew, we pass things down, we use coupons, we buy things in bulk when they are on sale and store them. It is so much thriftier to buy a deep freeze and buy things in bulk than it is to buy it in small portions. We all cut our hair at home. My Husband colors my hair. I paint nails at home. We save up the money before we buy anything. If we can't afford to pay for it completely at the time of purchase then it isn't really a need. We buy generic.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010