So what is everyones opinion on?

Someone throwing their own baby shower? I have heard so much on this issue.

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 8:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i personally dont see nothing wrong !
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 8:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I think its VERY tacky IMO :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Im going to throw my own baby shower, my last one was thrown by someone else and it was a disaster!
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Sorry, but it is very tacky. I realize things have changed over the years, but basic etiquette never goes out of style. I think it's a matter of class & basic etiquette or lack there of.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't do it, and don't really think you should, but I'd still go if someone threw their own.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 2:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• honestly i dont usually pay attention to who throws the shower, just enjoy celebrating with the mommy to be.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't really see what's so major about it but for mine my mom and grandma hosted it but I did the invitations and helped set things up and organize it all. I am the kind of person that loves to do things like that. It will probably be something to the same effect this time around as well.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 8:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• who cares its a party to have fun and celbrate this new bundle of joy
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• from what I've heard it's considered more proper to not call it a shower since it comes from the idea that you will be 'showered with gifts' - that is supposed to sound greedy.

but I'd go to a shower if someone was throwing it for themselves- I wouldn't go looking to see who was throwing it to see if it was worthy of my time- I would go to support the mom.

if you're worried about it, just call it a party to celebrate your new baby. Nothing wrong with that!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it at all and I have never put much thought into who is throwing the shower while in attendance.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 8:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2010