So how many of you are SAHM?

What is it like?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 8:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was until very recently. I loved it, but I missed the adult world. Now I love working, but I miss spending all of that time with my son! I think both have merits and flaws. Few things in this world are perfect, and the SAHM and WOHM life styles are no exceptions!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It is wonderful! It is horrible! It is stifling!! It is rewarding! It is insane!! It is hilarious!! It is amazing!! It is joyful!! It is miserable!! It is overwhelming! I cry, I laugh, I teach, I learn, I yell, I whisper, I fight, I compromise, I am lonely, I am fulfilled, I nurse, I coach, I referee, I self medicate with a glass of wine, I guzzle lemonade to have the same sugar rush, I swim, I drive, I taxi, I carpool, I lead, I follow.
    I exist for them and him. And every now and then they exist only for me to say thank you.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• being able to witness my dd's 1st's instead of listen to someone describe them to me has been amazing! I get to spend all day watching her figure things out & grow. Somedays it does drive me nuts, especially when she's grumpy. The housework is what gets to me. The day in & day out of the same dishes & mopping the floor 4 times after she eats...that's getting old. Most days she makes it all worth while, on the days I have to be reminded of why I'm not working....well some days only a glass of wine @ the end of it can make it all better. Wouldn't trade it for any job in the world!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• sahm?
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I am.....I absolutely love it although I do at times get lonely! My DH works overnight until around noon the following day so when he gets home he normally wants to go right back to bed.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Stay At Home Mom
    colethky

• I'm a stay at home mom. It can be great most of the time. I'm here watching her grow and learn and spending a whole lot of time with her. On the flip side, there are those few times when I crave non-husband adult interaction.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i am. it's like working at home, except you get to be with your kids all day. i clean more as a sahm than i did when i was working. the house just needs more attention since my dd is home all day and we fix 2 more meals and snacks here a day than we use to.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I love being with my kids more but I miss having enough money to do extras and having time to a person outside of being a mom.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I wish I could be a stay at home mom too bad 90% of men end up being scumbags and I have to work to support my little family.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010