swelling

I am 31 weeks pregnant and never had high blood pressure my whole life. Well my feet and ankles swell up lately and especially if I wear shoes. My finger tips also go numb. This is my fourth pregnancy and this has never happened to me. Like I said I don't think it would be blood pressure related since I always have low blood pressure. What else could it be related to. Should I be worried to make a dr visit sooner than the scheduled one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if your swelling is that bad i would call the dr tomorrow and ask if they think you should come in sooner it could be toximia... that normally occurs around week 30+ i did have that with my last one.... but remember swelling is normal and doesnt always mean anything just make sure to drink ALOT OF WATER AND TRY AND STAY AWAY FROM SALT!!!!
    mommieagain2

Answer by mommieagain2 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You need to call your doctaor asap and let him or her know about this.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I would call now and just see what they say. I had preclampsia and ended up having an emergency c-section.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• First let me say I do not give medical advice- go see your doctor. But this is what happened to me.
    I swelled up my entire pregnancy. It was nothing but normal everyday retaining of fluid caused my pregnancy. No bad thing involved. My finger tips went numb too. It was due to carpel tunnel - caused by pregnancy. Both of these problems went away immedietly after giving birth.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2010