Is it bad that I have only gained 4 lbs?

I'm 24 weeks pregnant, and I've only gained 4 pounds, at the ultrasound the baby is measuring the right lengths and all, and my doctor hasn't said anything about my lack of weight gain yet, and I'm starting to worry about it. Should I ask my doctor about it at my next appointment, or just wait for her to say something?

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Always okay to ask. If you feel good and the baby looks good---it all depends on your body. The 25 lbs is not the minimum for everyone, for sure! keep eating healthily, and you;ll be fine. I always said that when I was pregnant i just continued to eat like an American (you know, more per servings than I should be eating, but maybe a bit more health conscious) and I didn't gain much wait until the end as well.
    JRB101009

Answer by JRB101009 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No. Don't worry, you'll gain the most the last month to two months. It happens that way for some. I was one. If the baby is fine, it's okay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• im 39weeks and 1 day and i have only gain 5lbs
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i'm 24 weeks and have not gained any weight. my dr is not worried and baby was growing fine at the ultrasound. i dont think it's anything to worry about yet. if you are worried talk to your doctor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If you are a tiny little thing, its not good.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My last pregnancy, I actually lost weight. I was 2 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight when I went to deliver. After the baby was born, I was 18 pounds down. The doctor said as long as the baby was measuring ok, that was all that mattered. If you are still concerned, ask your doc at your next appointment.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No. A healthy weight gain is anywhere between 5 and 35 pounds... If you lost weight early on you will "gain" less than others who didn't... Don't worry. I'm 19 weeks and I'm still loosing. Not a big deal!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I only gained 8 lbs. But I think it's bc I was fat to start off.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• if the baby is healthy then thats awesome
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Don't worry I only gained 5 lbs most of my pregnancy. As long as the baby is fine nothing is wrong. Look at it this way less weight to lose after.
    nicki.hemingway

Answer by nicki.hemingway at 10:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2010