If your daughter has curly hair....was it curly right away or did it get curly later?

My daughter used to have bone straight hair. Well, she just turned 2 and her hair is getting somewhat curly. She always has little ringlets here and there while some hair is still pretty straight. I was hoping my daughter would just have wavy hair as mine is very curly and a pain to take care of.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• My dd has straight hair. She is 4. I had STICK STRAIGHT hair until I was nearly 11 and then it started to get wavy. Every year I got older, it got curlier. I'm 32 and have ringlets now. So, straight hair when young was absolutely no indication of my hair type as an adult.
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 9:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my daughter is 13 months old and she started out with strait hair. the spot on the back of her head that she had rubbed bald as a newborn was the first to get curly, and slowly over the last 8 months or so the curls have spread all over her head. and i already know what you mean with being hard to take care of, if her hair doesnt have product in it it just frizzes.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Mine was straight as a board and got curly around age 18 months to 2 years and stayed that way. Kyra's hair, once it started growing in at around 9 months came in curly and has straightened out a bit. Now it's just totally straight with wavy bits around her face when it's wet. I'm so jealous! I would love straight hair but all I have is a head full of curly frizz! :-(
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Later. Both girls. However my son was born with curly hair.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• my hair is board straight and my dh has curly hair, so I was wondering which if either of my twins would have curly hair. My dd didn't have any hair until around 13 months and now (16 months) she has curls in the back and straight hair on the top...so weird. My son has straight hair. :)
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 1:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My daughter had ringlets until she was 3. Now it's Marsha Brady straight. My hair became curly when I was 40 and pregnant for hte 3rd time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2010